FILL UP WITH NITROGEN
We recommend filling your tyres with nitrogen instead of air. Nitrogen tyres maintain their pressure for longer. They also run at a lower temperature, making them more durable.
- Nitrogen Lasts Longer
- Nitrogen has a different molecular structure to air, and escapes through the tyre’s tube at a slower rate than compressed air.
- While a tyre filled with air could lose up to 0.14 kilopascals (kPa) in only one month, nitrogen tyres maintain their pressure for up to six months.
- Nitrogen Keeps Your Tyres Cool
- When tyres get hot, their inflation pressure increases. This makes the tyre’s footprint (the part that touches the road) much smaller. A smaller footprint can cause your tyres to lose grip.
- Filling your tyres with nitrogen will allow them to run at a lower temperature.
- This means that:
Your tyre's footprint will be larger, improving grip and road handling.
Your tyres will last up to 20% longer